The gluten-free tart is an excellent idea for a gluten-free breakfast or afternoon snack. The gluten-free tart shown in this recipe is filled with organic red berry jam, but you can also use organic chocolate spread or other flavours of jam or fruit preserve.
There is absolutely no difference between this tart and a regular tart, and this recipe could be adapted to the classic gluten-free tart recipe. There are simpler variants than this one; because this is the first recipe to be posted on the new website, we have added teff flour for its unique flavour.
The recipe for the base of this delicious tart can be used to make all kinds of gluten-free biscuits.
All Spigabuona gluten free flours are
- Sieve the flours and make a fountain on the pastry board.
- Add the soft butter and the sugar and work in with a fork.
- Add the salt, the lemon rind and the egg. Slowly add the flours, and work the dough into a ball, taking care not to knead it too much.
- Cover with clingfilm and place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Spread a part of the pastry, using your hands, in a tart mould.
- Prick holes in the base with a fork and fill with the jam.
- Decorate the gluten-free tartlets as you prefer, using the rest of the pastry.
- Bake at 180°C for 20 minutes.