The organic gluten-free focaccia with toppings is one of those recipes everyone loves, and is quick to prepare.
From the sweet flavour of corn comes this tasty gluten-free focaccia, which goes well with vegetarian toppings and Mediterranean flavours.
To prepare it, carefully follow all the steps as shown in the video and described in the procedure.
Keep the rice flour and a mixing spatula to hand at all times; this will help you obtain an excellent result. For this recipe, we used the Spigabuona Bread, Pizza and Sweets Flour.
The preparation of the gluten-free focaccia is similar to the one for the gluten-free pizza.
All Spigabuona gluten free flours are:
*450g of dough recommended for a 22/24 cm diameter oven tray.
- Place the flour, yeast and all the water in a bowl.
- Add the salt and use a wooden spoon to mix for 1 minute into a rough dough.
- Use the Spigabuona spatula to clean the spoon.
- Add the oil and mix gently, using the spatula to remove the dough from the sides and move it towards the centre of the bowl.
- Work the dough with the spatula for 1 minute, no longer.
- Stop once the dough is soft and smooth; it is very important not to overdo it.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl to rise for 2 hours at 26-28°C, until it doubles in volume.
- Once the dough has risen, with the aid of some rice flour, place it on a pastry board dusted with flour and divide the dough into two parts. The rice flour prevents the dough from sticking to your hands and to the worktop.
- Leave to rise for another 2 hours, until it doubles in volume.
- Spread it on a lightly oiled oven tray with a 24 cm diameter.
- Use your fingertips to make holes on the surface and leave to rise again until it doubles in volume (about 2 hours).
- Bake at 250°C for 15 minutes.
- Add the toppings of your choice.