Gluten-free tartlets are a treat everyone loves. This recipe shows you how to make an organic version, using our Spigabuona organic mix for cakes.
For the cream, see the second part of the method below. Peaches are the organic seasonal fruit we’ve chosen on this occasion.
All Spigabuona flours are:
For the pastry:
- In a bowl (or a planetary mixer), work the flour, cold butter and a pinch of salt into a mix with a sand-like consistency.
- Add the sugar and vanilla and mix.
- Add the egg and work quickly into a pastry, taking care not to let it get too warm.
- Cover with clingfilm and leave in the fridge for at least an hour before use.
For the cream:
- Bring the milk to the boil in a pan, together with the vanilla pod.
- Separately, whisk the yolks with the sugar, the vanilla pulp, the flour and the rice starch.
- When the milk is approaching the boil, remove the pan from the heat and add the eggs beaten with the sugar, rice flour and rice starch.
- Return the pan to the heat and thicken the cream over a moderate heat, mixing delicately all the time with a whisk to prevent the formation of lumps, and bring to the boil.
- Once the cream has reached the desired consistency, place it in a covered food-safe container. with clingfilm touching it, and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Prepare the base, using a rolling pin to roll out the pastry to a thickness of 5 mm. Use a pastry cutter to form rounds of about 10 cm in diameter. Bake at 180°C for 15/20 minutes in a static oven.
- Once the pastry has cooled, fill the tartlets with the confectioner’s cream prepared earlier, using a piping bag.
- Decorate with the peaches prepared earlier.
As you can see in the picture above, we’ve also prepared variants with kiwi and forest fruits, just like the finest gluten-free patisserie chefs. You can use your imagination to prepare all sorts of tartlets.