Tartlets are excellent for snacks or aperitifs. They take their name from the moulds that shape the base.
In this recipe, our tartlets are filled with ricotta, cucumber and parmigiano cheese.
All Spigabuona flours are:
- Work the flour with the butter and pinch of salt into a rough, floury mix.
- Add the sugar and the egg and mix into a smooth, compact ball.
- Leave the pastry thus obtained in a bowl covered with clingfilm for about 30 minutes.
- Roll out the pastry with a rolling pin, to a thickness of about 5 mm, and line the buttered tartlet moulds.
- Lightly prick the base of the mould with a fork to avoid it swelling too much in the oven.
- Bake the pastry for about 15 minutes in a preheated oven at 180°C.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling by beating the ricotta with the mascarpone and the parmigiano.
- Season with the oil, salt and pepper.
- Leave the pastry base to cool, then add the filling.
- Decorate with very finely sliced cucumber and the cold-extracted flax oil. Garnish with some basil leaves and drizzle with a little raw extra-virgin olive oil.