Organic gluten-free sponge fingers are particularly versatile; they can be enjoyed on their own or dipped into beverages, or, more often than not, used as an ingredient for recipes such as gluten-free tiramisu, or gluten-free trifle.
You’ll find numerous versions or both classic and gluten-free sponge fingers in cookbooks. The version we’ll be showing you is for gluten-free fingers that are both tasty and quick and easy to make.
The end result is certainly tasty and light; the only point to mention is that softness will vary depending on the size of the fingers and the baking time.
All Spigabuona flours are:
- Lightly beat the egg whites (kept at room temperature) in a bowl with the mixer.
- Add the tbsp. of lemon juice, the lemon rind, the salt and the sugar and beat until stiff.
- Drizzle in the freshly beaten yolks and incorporate them gently with a spatula, with downward movements.
- Very gently add the sieved flours, in 3 lots.
- Place the mix in a piping bag with a smooth 25mm nozzle.
- Pipe out onto a sheet of baking paper placed on a slightly damp oven tray.
- Form cigar shapes of about 10 cm long.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in a convection oven preheated to 180°C for 20 minutes.