Gluten-free cantucci, also known as cantuccini, are the coeliac-friendly version of the famous Tuscan biscuits also known as “Biscotti di Prato”, because they are typical of the Prato area.
This version of ours is just as deliciously fragrant as the original, and the addition of organic almonds makes it a truly exceptional treat.
These biscuits are often accompanied by a good dessert wine, but they taste great with any kind of drink.
This gluten-free speciality is typical of the Christmas period, but can be baked and enjoyed all year round.
You might also be interested in the gluten-free tart, a uniquely delicious option for breakfast or a snack.
If you follow the steps shown in the video carefully, you’ll obtain the same result you can see here.
- Place the flour, cream of tartar and pinch of salt in a bowl.
- Add the chilled butter, cubed, and mix.
- Add the sugar, then the egg and mix, taking care not to let the dough become too warm.
- Lastly, add the whole organic almonds.
- Form logs of dough about 30 cm long and 3 cm in diameter and bake at 180° for 10/12 minutes.
- Remove the logs from the oven and cut them diagonally into slices 1.5 cm thick.
- Return the biscuits to the oven and bake at 120° for about 30 minutes, or until they are completely dry and crisp.